Folder All Documents for Parents - Guardians
This category contains documents of interest to parents/guardians.
Documents can be downloaded to your computer or viewed online.
Select the "Download" button to download the required document to your computer or the "View" button to read in your browser.
This category contains:
- Blog Safety
- Chatting online and child safety
- Young People and Social Networking Sites
Jersey premium is additional funding given to schools for students who meet specific criteria. Please see the links below to see if you meet the criteria.
The initiative is similar to that of the UK. Where research has shown that many learners from certain socio-economic groups may be less likely to achieve, often falling behind their peers. Therefore to give children the same opportunities, schools are given funding to support students in their learning and help them achieve to the best of their ability.The school selects the support, initiatives and interventions that will aid the students across the school. Please see below the 2019 plan and an evaluation of our 2018 plan.
All documents and information from the gov.je website regarding Jersey Pupil Premium are listed below. For the most up to date information please check the gov.je website
Jersey Premium is a targeted funding programme for schools which has been introduced to help all children get the very best from their education. States fee-paying and non-fee-paying schools receive extra funding for their eligible pupils.
There are three eligibility criteria:
- all pupils who are have ever been Looked After Children (LAC)
- children from households which have recently claimed Income Support
- children from households with 'Registered' status that would qualify to claim Income Support if they had lived in Jersey for five years
The Education and Social Security Departments work together to identify children who are eligible for Jersey Premium. Parents and schools will be informed who their eligible pupils are.
If you do not want your child to benefit from Jersey Premium, you need to inform your child's school in writing.
If you think your family would qualify for Income Support if you had lived in the Island for five years, you can find out if your child is eligible for Jersey Premium by completing a short questionnaire.
This category contains:
- Influenza fact sheet
- Parents Seasonal Flu Advice
- The Truth About Smoking in Cars with Children
- The Truth About Smoking in Cars with Children - Polish
- The Truth About Smoking in Cars with Children - Portuguese