Wearing the correct uniform is something we take very seriously in order to educate pupils of the importance of looking smart, showing that they are ready to work and showing that they belong to Le Rocquier School.
I understand that parents/carers may have been reluctant to buy new items of school uniform so close to the end of the current academic year. Therefore, I would be very grateful if you could arrange for your son/daughter to come to school dressed appropriately for the start of the new term in September. In the event that this does not happen, students risk being sanctioned, which could include suspension from school, or sent home to change.
Full details of the school uniform policy and stockists can be found in the school brochure on the school website under ‘Parents and Carers’. However, please note:
1. The uniform code for shoes says: “Sensible strong black leather or leather look low-heeled school shoes. Trainers may only be worn for PE lessons.” Canvas shoes, shoes with white soles or black trainers with coloured logos are not acceptable.
2. The school uniform code for girls also says: “a plain black skirt or plain black trousers in the following styles only:
- Trutex Pencil Skirt – GSC-BLK length 18” or 20” only
- Trutex Stitch Down Pleat Skirt – GPB-BLK length 18” or 20” only
- Blue Max Banner Drop waisted with pleated bottom – Charleston – Black length 18” or 20”
Trutex Senior Twin Pocket Trouser – GTN - BLK
Trutex Bootcut Trouser – GTB-BLK
Trutex Two Pocket Trouser – GTS-BLK”
In addition, no jewellery is permitted apart from one pair of stud earrings and one charity bracelet. Extreme hairstyles are also unacceptable; this includes brightly dyed or dip-dyed hair, coloured braids or sections of hair which are shaved off or cut extremely short.
We rely heavily on the support of parents/carers and students to make Le Rocquier a successful school and are very grateful for your support in this matter. If you have any comments or queries please feel free to contact me at school.